KEY OF LIBERTY ($40)
Semester one covers Revolutionary War period, earning a key and adding ribbons. Includes oral presentations, opinion papers, American Heritage Award, movies and books, lectures, simulations, etc. Students also memorize the Declaration of Independence.
Semester 2 focuses on the Constitution and includes journaling the Constitution in the student's own words and a Constitution Bowl. Ribbons continue to be earned and the keys with ribbons are presented at an end of year award ceremony.
- Red Scarf Girl by Ji-li Jiang (https://www.amazon.com/Red-Scarf-Girl-Cultural-Revolution/dp/0064462080/ref=sr_1_2?dchild=1&keywords=red+scarf+girl&qid=1596474935&sr=8-2)
- The Landing of the Pilgrims by James Daugherty (https://www.amazon.com/Landing-Pilgrims-Landmark-Books/dp/0394846974/ref=sr_1_2?dchild=1&keywords=the+landing+of+the+pilgrims&qid=1596475101&sr=8-2)
- John Adams, Reluctant Patriot of the Revolution by Leonard Faulkner (https://shop.lemimentortraining.com/John-Adams-Reluctant-Patriot-of-the-Revolution-106.htm?categoryId=-1)
- George Washington book TBD
- Freedom Factor by Gerald Lund
- Fifty-Five Fathers by Selma Williams
- The Great Little Madison by Jean Fritz
Taught by: Chris & Heidi Hadley, Hyrum Hadley (youth)
Time: 9:45 AM - 11:15 AM