QUEST 1 ($25)
Here is an overview of the class: https://screencast-o-matic.com/watch/cYjFqeG9Y2
Leadership. Levels 1 and 2 are one semester each.
Level 1: (Semester 1) Study great statesmen. Write persuasive papers, oral presentations, read biographies and inspiring books (7 habits, Ender’s Shadow, etc). Learn about statesmanship and leadership education. Lectures on education, etc.
Level 2: (Semester 2) Study traits of great statesmen. Write research papers (six mini & one full-length), oral presentations, lectures. Read inspiring books and biographies.
BOOK LIST FIRST SEMESTER:
• A Place to Stand by Gene Veith
• 7 Habits of Highly Effective Teens by Sean Covey
• Give Me Liberty by David J. Vaughan
• Fiery Vision: The Life and Death of John Brown by Clinton Cox
• Lincoln: A Photo-biography by Russell Freedman
• Ender's Shadow by Orson Scott Card
• Nurtured by Love by Shinichi Suzuki
• Gandhi: Fighter Without a Sword by Jeanette Eaton (available through the LEMI store)
• My Life with Martin Luther King, Jr. by Coretta Scott King
• You also need to have access to a few pages of A Thomas Jefferson Education by Oliver DeMille
BOOK LIST FOR SECOND SEMESTER:
- Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte
- Anatomy of Peace by The Arbinger Institute
- The Autobiography of Calvin Coolidge by Calvin Coolidge
Taught by: Rebecca Tingey, Julianna Short, Crystine Riches
Time: 9:45 AM - 11:15 AM