HERO PROJECT ($35)
We will empower our current generation to form a link to the Hero Generation of World War II. Through getting to know these amazing men and women who won the War, they will learn what qualities Heroes have. They will see what is required of a Hero Generation, and gain a desire to emulate those individuals they study.
Scholars will be mentored by both the living and the dead by hearing their stories, being invited behind the scenes, and coming to understand that each and every person has a unique mission to perform in this life.
Scholars will read challenging classics, study timelines and documents, participate in amazing simulations, and complete a compilation of their heroes.
- The Dream Giver by Bruce Wilkinson (Due 1st day of class)
- Children of the Dust Bowl by Jerry Stanley (Due the 2nd day of class.)
- The Hiding Place by Corrie ten Boom
- Flags of our Fathers: Adapted for Young People by James Bradley (PLEASE MAKE SURE IT'S THE ADAPTED VERSION! ISBN 978-0-440-22920-9 https://www.amazon.com/dp/0440229200/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_fabc_fBRZFbM7HEB1S)
- Hiroshima by John Hershey
Taught by: Joslyn Postma, Lori Burrows
Time: 9:45 AM - 11:15 AM